Friday 21 January 2011

Trailer Music- Horror Genre

This is the trailer from the 1960 film Psycho.


The music used during this trailer is a way to build tension by getting progessively stronger and more intense. The instruments used are mainly string instruments which are played at a high frequency to give a piercing effect which could give the impression of someone screaming. This is vital in the succession of the horror element in the trailer, as it sets the atmosphere for the imagery used. The trailer is reliant on the music to create a tense atmosphere which will draw the audience in to the horror unfolding.

I will be using similar techniques in the making of my own trailer to try and capture the same intensity which makes the Psycho trailer so scary. I will be making my own music to accompany my trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment